Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquake, Broken Bones, Rain and Busted Cars

Author's Note: It never ends, really.  This afternoon we had an intercrustal earthquake that registered 5.0 on the Richter scale. Interesting.  That was around the time that my sun's summer camp called me to say they were taking him into the hospital to x-ray a swollen ankle just to make sure he hadn't broken it.  Sigh.  He fell.  He said it didn't hurt.

And now I'm sitting in the waiting room the counselor just arrived with Tris... it's broken.

It is pouring rain and the town is crawling with police and G8 security.  I just hope my car starts to get me home.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. We felt that quake, too, although it was barely a shiver down here. Deep breaths, and my prayers for a speedy recovery for the boy and strength for you & Karen in the face of hospital waiting rooms and administrative trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetheart. The emerg doc was annoyed at how the other hospital went about things and got us in to see the orthopaedic surgeon Friday morning.

    Tris doesn't yet realize his summer is changed as profoundly as it has. If he's lucky he'll get off with a cast as opposed to surgery.

    Thanks for the prayers. All gratefully accepted.

    ReplyDelete